Lip augmentation is now one of the leading forms of non-surgical cosmetic enhancement in Australia.
“Lip enhancements are a very popular form of cosmetic treatment and it is becoming more and more desirable. This is partially because we live in an age of selfies, where people are constantly exposed to lip enhancement images on social media,” Dr Vivek Eranki, of Cosmetique Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, said today.
“Although it feels like a recent phenomenon, the trend actually supersedes the millennial era. The Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgeons, the peak body for Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery in Australia, identified an increase in lip augmentations among female patients of all age groups between 2000 and 2019.
“The difference now is that women are far more open about sharing the results of their lip fillers.
“A large number of our patients frequently share their stunning new pouts on their social media. They also frequently tag us in these posts. Ms Dhakota Williams, daughter of the late Carl Williams, recently attended one of our Cosmetique clinics for lip fillers and shared and tagged Cosmetique in her Instagram posts.”
The number of cosmetic clinics offering lip enhancements has also surged. Cosmetique, is Australia’s leading cosmetic surgery clinic with locations in most cities. Their services include treatments such as wrinkle relaxers, fillers, breast surgery, facial surgery, liposuction and fat transfer, including Brazilian Butt Lifts. Their nationwide footprint is expanding every year with more and more clinics opening up in 2019 in response to increasing demand for cosmetic surgery.
“The 80s were the era of the over-plucked eyebrows. The 90s and 2000s were the eras of the ‘boob jobs’ and now we are seeing the era of the ‘lip fillers’,” Dr Eranki added.
“The trend is worldwide. The number of Google searches for lip fillers in the UK is 10 times higher than the figure from 2012 and lip augmentation is proving the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment of 2019. Getting lip fillers is about as common these days as getting your hair highlighted.
“At Cosmetique, we are currently performing over 1,000 lip filler treatments every month.
“Every patient has their own idea of their ideal lips. Following a medical consultation, the treatment is undertaken as per the patient’s desired aesthetic outcome. The treatment, traditionally used to be uncomfortable, however through using nerve blocks we have made it almost pain-free.”
Dr Vivek Eranki has some helpful tips for women considering lip fillers.
- Always seek out a reputable clinic which is Doctor led
- Temporary fillers are the most common form of fillers. Don’t get permanent fillers until you have explored temporary fillers and feel they are right for you
- Some patients may require several treatments to achieve their desired outcome. It is ideal to increase the size of your lips gradually over time
- Most fillers last about six to 18 months however this can vary depending on other factors
- Lip fillers can be almost painless. A nerve block can numb the lips prior to the treatment
- The treatment can be done in your lunch break and the numbing starts to wear off in 30 minutes.